I don’t charge an hourly rate like a lot of other professions. Once we’ve agreed the scope of your project I’ll work out a fixed price for you and send you a formal quote.
If we haven’t nailed down the scope I can give you an estimate, based on similar projects, with the exception of anything but a simple website.
Every project is different, so there’s no such thing as ‘standard’ prices for what I do. There are variables like how much research is required, what medium it is, how well you brief me and more.
To give you an idea of prices, here are some indicative figures (ex-GST). This includes my research, a couple of rounds of edits and an initial briefing from you. It doesn’t include graphic or web design.
- Brochure, e.g. 6-sided DL style: from $400
- Website, i.e. Home page plus 5 ‘standard’ pages: from $750
- Article for newsletter, magazine or blog: from $300
- Script for corporate video: from $400
- Press ad for industry publication or similar: from $300
- New name for business or product: from $200
- Tagline/strapline ideas: from $200
You may not have a massive budget, but spending some money on marketing is really an investment in your business, not a cost.